The Berkeley Lab Budget Office is responsible for:
- Monitoring and ensuring costs are maintained within approved funding levels.
- Providing decision-making support to senior Laboratory management.
- Providing support to the Divisions on budget-related financial issues.
- Interacting with DOE on funding and budgetary issues.
- Coordinating the formulation and submission of the Laboratory’s annual budget requests to DOE, as well as the development of the Laboratory’s indirect budgets.
- Providing high level oversight for the institutional indirect budgets and rates.
- Developing, maintaining, and communicating Laboratory policies on funds control, indirect budgets, and rates.
- Interpreting DOE guidance on budgetary issues.
- Providing financial support for the Lab’s Strategic Partnership Projects and managing billing and collections.
- Providing support and oversight for OCFO policy and assurance activities.
- Providing day-to-day financial support for Operations.
Visit OCFO for Employees to access budget services, resources and contacts.